A conscious conversation is a two-way relationship in which both people listen deeply and, when appropriate, ask questions.
A key difference between a conscious conversation and an ordinary conversation is that we value our subjective intuitive insights, not only objective intellectual analysis.
After all, the reality is that if all that was required to resolve our personal or professional problems was intellectual analysis, we would most likely have discovered and implemented that solution long ago …
Questions enable us to refocus our attention
• On an area of our experience we were not previously aware of. They bringing it to our awareness, from which we can gain insights upon which to base our choices.
• On inner silence, the source of intuitive creative wisdom.
• On how we truly think and feel about a personal or professional situation. This can be difficult without the help of another person whose only interest is in helping us gain increased clarity.
Most people know on some level that there’s not much in the way of true listening happening in most of our everyday encounters.
And yet there’s something almost magical about the insights that can arise when we simply pause for a moment, take a single long breath, feel what we are feeling, and ask ourselves a Heart-felt question … then truly listen to the response that will emerge from the silence of our mutual One Heart.
Powerful insights into the most challenging personal and professional challenges arise when two or more people are willing to trust whatever spontaneously emerges as we ask incisive questions, speak our truth, listen deeply to each other’s responses and, most importantly, listen deeply to our own silent inner wisdom.
A conscious conversation requires both people to:
- Be willing to put to one side much of our previously gained knowledge and understanding.
- Be willing to open to whatever wants to spontaneously emerge from our conversation.
- Be willing to be surprised by new perspective shifts and spontaneous insights.
- Be willing to ask the most important question of all: “What is the truth?
So now …
ARE YOU WILLING TO BE WILLING?
“Leo’s workshops are fun, creative, challenging and very well organised. As a leader and facilitator he shows remarkable creativity, warmth, and sensitivity. He provides a safe yet magical space to explore a large range of issues.”
Nicola Belle, psychotherapist and counsellor
How to get in touch
- Phone +44 (0) 117 968 3130
- Click here to send an email